Additional theories & approaches I am trained in besides Dr. McBride’s 5-step program are Family Systems, Attachment theory, Positive psychology, and Solution-Focused Therapy. My client’s needs and issues are what guides me in determining what approach to use. My clients have said they experience me as empathic, interactive, non-judgmental, and warm. When recovering from a self-serving, narcissistic mother, in therapy we will:
- Create an individualized plan for recovery from the emotional abuse.
- Create awareness & understanding of your narcissistic parent’s behavior and your painful experience with them.
- Become aware of internalized negative messages.
- Have a safe place to release feelings and talk about your experience.
- Create a unique recovery path centered around empathy.
I welcome you to visit my website www.kristenfong.com to learn more about me. I see clients in-office and via phone or FaceTime. I am able to see or talk with anyone in the state of California. I charge a customary fee-for-service, but will create a superbill for reimbursement for PPOs accepting out-of-network. Also, I am a provider for ComPsych and have a sliding scale if you are experiencing financial difficulty.
License and Credentials:
Therapist Virtual Workshop: Level I Training
Therapist in-person workshop: Level II Clinical Training, 9 hour intensive