I am a registered social worker in Grande Prairie Alberta with over fifteen years’ of experience in the social sector serving children, youth, adolescents, adults, and seniors of various needs, intellectual abilities, and diversities. Having several years of experience as a researcher, therapist, counsellor, and educator I specialize in sex, gender, mental health across the lifespan, diversity, abuse, and behavioral issues of all ages. I obtained my Honours Bachelor of Arts with a minor specialty in Sex, Marriage, and Family Studies from the University of Waterloo in 2008 as well as a Certificate in Child Abuse Studies and a General Diploma in Social Work from Renison College in 2006. After working in several settings in supportive, correctional, and healthcare settings I went on to get my Master’s in Social Work from the University of Windsor in 2012. I continued with my studies to obtain an Intensive Sex Therapy Training Program through the University of Guelph in 2015 and in Sexual, Gender & Relationship Diversity: Tools for Health Professionals in 2019 as I find trauma often ends up in one’s sexual experiences and relationships. To help me better serve clients and families I also become a Certified Personality Disorder Treatment Provider which has been life changing for so many!
Despite all of my credentials, I like to keep it real with clients as it helps us all heal. We are often gaslighted and confused- we do not need fancy words, we need to feel seen, heard, accepted, respected, and of course safe in order to heal!
I am often inspired by my client’s resilience and the gift I am given to walk alongside individuals, couples, and families during their difficult times.
To assist others on your healing journey I provide ZOOM/or telephonic sessions all across Canada. Evening and weekend appointments are available to help you manage your busy life and your healing at the same time! Currently, sliding-scale payments are not available. Services are covered by most private and corporate insurance plans and is for the client to determine their eligibility prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Member of the Alberta College of Social Workers.
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Member of The Alberta Society for Promotion of Sexual Health (ASPSH)
- Inclusive and Ethical Leadership Certificate
- Member of the Alberta Private Practice Roster.
- Listed and Verified in Psychology Today https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/therapists/gp-holistic-counselling-services-grande-prairie-ab/321663
License and Credentials:
- Registered Social Worker with Alberta College of Social Workers, Registration and License # 11097
- Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers # 846603
- Designated Capacity Assessor (Alberta)
- Certified Personality Treatment Provider
- Certified Anti-Human Trafficking Consultant
- Certified Human Rights Consultant
- SAFE Structured Analysis Family Evaluation & Supervisor
Therapist in-person workshop: Level II Clinical Training, 9 hour intensive
Therapist Virtual Workshop: Level I Training